|| Choose To Worship Album || Rend Collective

March 27, 2020

"There are mountaintop moments in all our lives - where we breathe in the goodness of God and breathe out His praises just as naturally and reflexively as our physical breath. Unfortunately the amount of time we spend on this “worship sweet spot” probably totals up to be about 0.1 percent of our lives. So what do we do with the other 99.9 percent? We choose to worship.
Life is hard. Worship will not always or even usually be our default setting. It’s not initially natural to respond to a cancer diagnosis, or the death of a loved one or a major career setback with a song of praise and trust. But like a pilot encountering dangerous landing conditions, when these storms gather over us we have to switch off autopilot, wrestle back the controls and manually, intentionally choose worship. Because God is still worthy in the valley. He is good when life is not. And that’s the anchor of our souls.
This album is an invitation into the spiritual discipline that we have been living as a community of building altars of praise in the darkness, trusting that whether or not the dawn comes, worship is still our sacred duty - and privilege.
We hope this album gives you a vocabulary so that you can sing from the shackles, lift an anthem of defiance against  your circumstances  and raise a shout of joy that demoralizes the enemy in his attempts to silence you. We hope that that nothing will ever steal your song. We hope that you will join us in choosing worship."
Chris Llewellyn
Rend Collective
Get song resources for the whole album in the links below.